Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nursery Rhymes Baby Shower

There is something in the water...that's for sure.  The last 45 days have brought me more baby showers than I know what to do with!  A couple weeks ago, I had the pleasure of making a baby shower cake and coordinating cookie favors for an old friend's best friend. 

The theme was Mother Goose's Nursery Rhymes.


She wanted to do a stack of books cake and incorporate the nursery rhymes theme throughout.  So, we added some hand modeled sugar figures representing various well known nursery rhymes.  We have:

The Cow jumping over the Moon (Hickory Dickory Dock)
Three Blind Mice
Mother Goose herself
and of course....

Humpty Dumpty (before he fell off his wall!)


The cookies we decided on were:


The Cow Jumping over the moon

Mary's little lamb


Mary, Mary Quite Contrary's Garden

The Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe

and my favorite...


Humpty Dumpty


Thanks for looking!
Flour Girl

1 comment:

  1. How lovely post!! Doing parties is my favorite activity to spend quality time with my loved ones. I just hosted a private party at some popular event space Chicago on my birthday. It was truly an amazing event and I made some really wonderful memories there.

    ReplyDelete