Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ruffles and a Rag Doll

Okay, okay, I know it may be getting old to some...but here I go again posting a ruffle cake. 


This little gem was a first birthday cake for a sweet baby girl named Ayla.  Ayla's mom sent me a photo of her favorite rag doll to replicate as the cake topper. 

I thought she was super cute.  I stayed as true to the actual doll as possible, only losing small details due to scale.  She was fun to mold.

I loved the hand cut and detailed name plaque too...if I do say so myself ;o)



This ruffle cake was made with the oh so silky, oh so lovely Swiss Meringue Buttercream.  I don't have the occasion to work with this buttercream very often, but every time I do, I wonder how it is that I don't use it exclusively.  So much more sophisticated than your average American Buttercream.  We'll see.....maybe I will just make the switch!

Hope you like this rendition of the oh so sweet ruffle cake.

Flour Girl

1 comment: