Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Polka Dots


A while back I was asked to make a cake for a little girl's birthday party to be held at Chuck E. Cheese's.  The ultimate design was up to me, as long as I used the signature Chuck E. Cheese colors of electric green and purple, and incorporated a "cute mouse" in the design.

I love when I can choose the design...but it also drives me CA-RA-ZEEEEEE.

You see, in general, I have about a bazillion ideas floating around my head.  Things I'd love to try.  So, when I am told to do whatever I want to do...I get super excited, but then a little exasperated and coo-coo as I try to plan the design.  What of those bazillion things can I make work for this occasion?  Do I like that color scheme with it though?  Can I make a flowery cake for a teenage boy and it not be weird????

So, for this cake I finally settled on modern dots, a big bow, and a mouse...but not just any mouse, THE mouse....Chuck E Cheese on top.

For this mod, polka dot scheme, I wanted it to be very structured, very planned, very...even.  I stuck to a color pattern.  I loved it.


Then when I was done, I sat Chuck right on top.  Perfect for the occasion, I thought, and he helped tie all the colors together and make it all make sense. 


I threw in some small flowers to girly it up a bit too.  This is one of my faves....I hope you like it too.

I have another polka dot cake to share tomorrow.....

Flour Girl

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I think I might try to make something similar for my daughters birthday. What did you make Chuck E Cheese out of?

    ReplyDelete