Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Luau Birthday

I was so excited to work on one of last week's projects.  I made a cutting cake and coordinating cupcakes for a 7th birthday for a little girl named Mikayla.



There have been TONS of ideas floating around my head for a luau theme, so I FREAKED out when I finally had the opportunity.  Although, once I put pen to paper to sketch my rough design, I found that the small 6 inch cutting cake was going to eliminate lots of those ideas.  It was just too small to convey what I wanted....So I played with it, pondered it, and came up with something I was very happy with in the end.  Also, I really liked making the cupcake toppers for this one.  I don't always feel that way about cupcake toppers, but this week I did.




Aloha....and Mahalo!

Flour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment