Monday, October 10, 2011

Bridal Shower Cake

This cake is one of my new favorites.  But...maybe not for the reason you might think.

I am loving this color lately.  "Electric Blue".  Sounds scary, but it's not. ;o)

It's bright, but not obnoxious and has a fun, bold, playfulness about it that lends itself well for just about any occasion. 

This is not an original design.  I was given a photo of a cake for a bridal shower with just a few changes.  If anyone knows where this design came from, PLEASE let me know so I may properly credit the designer. 

We adjusted to color scheme a bit, added pearls to the quilting, and changed the topper to a diamond engagement ring to appropriately celebrate the occasion, as well as adding the plaque with the congratulatory expression.

I rarely get the opportunity to use stenciling, though I love the effect.  The big silver bows finished off the look which are becoming a highly requested element these days.  Really loved this one.

I also made coordinating cookie favors.



Thanks for looking.

Flour Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment